Sunday, March 12, 2006

An Unusual Day

Today is not an usual day.

I had an interview at Orchard Cineleisure.
Nah...not job interview.

One day, i came across this person who is going to author a book.
She hopes that i can provide her with some inputs with my "story".
I always hope that my "story" is able to be at least a slight source of encouragement for some less fortunate people out there.
Well, hope that the book serves the purpose. 能帮就帮吧.
Her husband helped to take some photos of me to be published together with my story.
Trust me. For a camera-sensitive person like me, it's just hard to take "natural" shots by myself lor!
No matter how i love to take pictures.

How to pretend to be natural and smile when i know the camera was there and when no one was talking to me?
A bit spastic right?
The funniest part is to give the 回眸一笑 look.
Hahaha... so awkard.
I just hope the pics will turn out to be pretty.
The experience is fun la.

Met up with Girl after the interview.
We had a great time catching up over coffee.
I realised it has really been quite a while since we've met up.
There are so many things that i have to tell her.
Hope i didn't miss out anything.


But the highlight of the day came at 8.15pm...

Girl and i was having dinner at Cafe Cartel.
Then Ms Fish came...
[she was supposed to come at 6.30pm lor =p]


Fish: Hello
Bonny: Hey!!!
Fish: Na...for y'all..
[She handed a few red envelopes to Girl and I]
Girl: Orh..thank you [and she kept it in her bag immediately]
Bonny: Wa....红炸弹 ah? Hahaha!!! [i was really joking you know]
Fish: .............. [silence]
Bonny: 不会吧???
[Girl hurriedly took the red envelope out from her bag again. She thought it was just a "friendship" card. Hahaha....]
Bonny & Girl: WHAT???!!!!!!
Bonny: And it's next month!!!!

I was flabbergasted.

How can this happened in just 3 months??
I didn't even know that she was dating!!
Although we don't meet up frequently, we are still closed in a sense.
So can't blame my big reaction mah...

By then, our surrounding dinners looked eager to find out what's going on.

Before we could 定下神...
Here comes the 2nd blow.

Ms Fish showed us 9 fingers.
Then she pointed to her tummy.


I guess it's obvious.

She has always been wanting to get married and be a mother almost right away.
So i think it's a dream that came true for her.
Her eyes were sparkling with bliss as she was relating her story.
Though a lil abrupt and the "sequence" a bit sala la.
I am still happy for her.

The dinner was hard to digest.

Then after that, when we were having coffee (again) at Olio Dome, we found out that another ex-close (ie. used to be close la!) friend ROMed last Christmas and is holding her customary wedding this June.
Wa liao...what's this man??

In just a night, 2 wedding dinners were added to my calendar.
That makes 5 now.
And i'm jie-mei-ing for 3 of them.

Oh dear!!!

When's my turn????

No comments: