Thursday, March 09, 2006

Old Friend

I was buying some fruits at the supermarket this evening.
When i bumped into a sec schoolmate.
Such instances are common.

Frequent topics:
1. Work where?
2. Stay where?
3. Still in touch with who?
4. What's that so-and-so doing now?

Possible endings with the possible meanings:
1. "Ey...give me your number leh.." = He/She may geniunely wanna keep in touch with you but there could also be a possibility that he/she is a insurance agent.
2. "Oh ok lor. I need to go now. Bye..." = Till the next time we BUMP into each other again.
3. "Ey...do you have the number of XX?" = He/She is really glad to bump into you but he/she's even happier to locate XX.

Nevertheless, it's nice to see people from the old social circles.
It does bring back some pleasant memories.

I was rummaging through some old letters last night when i came across this stack from an 'old friend' (not the one above).




We were from the same sec school.
We were
both prefects but were only acquaintances.
I knew him as a 风云人物 who attracted lotsa 'bees' in our schools.
Not sure if he enjoyed the 'buzzing' though.
But i was pretty entertained by some of those 'dramatic' 绯闻.
Haha...

It was only at sec 4 when we started to know each other better.
All thanks to a field trip to Perth.
I began to realise he was actually not really that '风云'.
He's just a typical, matured teenager.
Age - teenager
Mind - matured
We didn't have common hobbies.
No common hangout khakis either.
But surprisingly we had common topics to chat on.
Perhaps that's the most essential substance to keep a friendship alive.

He's a Thai and would return to Thailand during school holidays.
Even it's only for a month, we would exchange several letters to update on our lives.
(Email wasn't the IN thing yet.)

After sec school, he returned to Thailand to further his studies.
We did exchange a couple of letters after that but ultimately lost the momentum.
The last time i saw him was when i was on a school trip to Bangkok.
I had a hard time 'locating' him.
But eventually, he made it to my hotel on the last night.
That was 6 years ago.
Since then, 音讯全无.

Then...

Strangely, one of the recent nights, i dreamt of him.
It's a long dream.
[In the dream, he came back to Singapore to study and we met on the bus. He told me he was staying in Tampines and ..............]

It's nostalgic to read those letters again.
It makes me wonder...boy..what did i write??


Therefore...

I decided to write to this 'old friend' again.

No comments: