Thursday, May 22, 2008

Academic Misery - Day 18

It has been 18 days.
I didn't think it was fast at all. I felt as if i've been away from work for ions.
In fact, i kinda miss Tourism Court.
It can be quite boring to be home-bound even when Mummy is around most of the time.
Well, that could be a cause as well. Haha. Kidding kidding.
I show my utmost gratitude towards her for taking care of my meals daily, in accordance to my time.
On the days of my paper when i had to have lunch earlier, she would intentionally wake up earlier to cook.
I mentioned before that rice will make me sleepy after lunch and she would then come up with other forms of carbs so that it could last me through the 3-hours paper yet not knocking me out.
For the past two papers, i had chicken macaroni soup and vermicelli soup with bittergourd.
It's just amazing that she didn't repeat any of the dishes she had cooked for the past 18 days.

She brewed me some ginseng soup 2 days ago too!
Good hor? Yeah that's my Mummy.
Of course, in return, i have to entertain her whenever she wants to comment on something and insists on a response on something from me even when i'm obviously occupied.
Well, i'm still trying my best. =p

Have been running plenty of thoughts recently.
It's such a norm whenever i'm home-bound.
And sometimes, it will overrun and energy will start diminishing.
That is when i have to be with other human beings to recharge.
A typical trait of an extrovert.
I didn't realise it in the past two years and i continued to coop myself up even when i was already operating on my reserve.
That was bad. Really bad.
That was when God had to send human beings to pull me out from the swamp.
Sometimes He did it Himself too.
So this year, He decided to just impart me with this knowledge and equip me with this skill so that i could do some self-help.
As of now, i'm doing well. =)
Of course, with the help of the people around me.
You know who you are and you know how much i love you for that. =)

Depriving for some fresh air, i ventured out today to indulge in my favourite activity.
I brought my books to my favourite cafe and satisfied my cravings for a uberlicious cake and Qawah.
I was actually craving for strawberry shortcake which i heart most and was a lil sad when i realised that TCC no longer has this in their menu.
I literally went "HUH!!! NO MORE???!!!! I specially came for that you know!" in disbelief when i checked with the waitress.
She tried to recommend some strawberry mousse stuff but i was stubborn persistent.

Didn't want to appear like a spoilt kid, i settled for tiramisu ultimately.
Ok, my second favourite.
To be honest, TCC has got good cakes and dessert and coffee and tea. Oh i like everything!

Ended my day at Ps Tiak's discipleship class which never fail to wow me.
Even when they are hard to swallow, i am still glad to be fed.
Tonight's topic was on "Managing Your Relationships" and boy...bingo!
I gave Persi the "oh dear...so zun" look immediately when i saw the title on the handout.
The truth is, i wished i could leave the room at that moment.
As far as i am a high-T, i couldn't help to not struggle from such issues.
Be it family, church or even......
Well, looks like i've got a good reminder tonight.

S.U.R.R.E.N.D.E.R.

Having indigestion now.

*burp*

No comments: