Thursday, October 12, 2006

Blood Pressure

Back to work after a 1 day break yesterday.
I have been feeling tired hence 1 day is certainly not enough.
For the past 1 week, i've been having this giddy spell on and off.
Not exactly that i saw the room spinning but it was grogy enough that i thought i was going to fall.
I contemplated to see a doctor. Perhaps i was just running away from realism.
Somehow i knew what Dr Wong was going to say.

After dinner, i was spinning even when i was in a sitting position.
I knew i had to face the music.
I popped down to his clinic, 10min walk away from my home.
Waited for a good half an hour before my turn. When there was only 1 patient before me.

Dr Wong: Hello Bonny... [of coz he didn't call me that lah!]
Bonny: Hello Dr Wong...
Dr Wong: How are you feeling today?
Bonny: Hmm not too good but nothing major. Just feeling giddy.

He gave me a i-knew-it smile and began to test my blood pressure.
Fwah...maciam he could guess the cause of my giddiness straight away.
Pump pump pump...on Bonny's both hands.

Dr Wong: Mmm....what happened after the last time you saw me?
Bonny: Eyy...nothing happened ah.
Dr Wong: I told you to come back to check your BP right?
Bonny: Errrrrrrrr.......
Dr Wong: Is your work very stressful? Do you have ample rest?
Bonny: Err...No...Yes..i think so.
Dr Wong: 5-day week?
Bonny: Yeah
Dr Wong: So you are free on weekends?
Bonny: Err not really. I am busy with church stuff.
Dr Wong: Hmm... [pause] Your BP reading is quite bad you know? 160/100 & 160/90. You have hypertension.

Oh no...I knew it!!! Am i dying soon??

He then took out a stack of rough papers and started drawing.
Numbers, heart, arteries.
I thought i was in a Biology class.
He further explained to me how BP works, how my heart works, the causes and symptoms of hypertenstion and ways to prevent/improve it.
That's what i like about him...always so detailed.


Dr Wong: So do you know what you have to do now?
Bonny gave a 可怜 nod.

Well, not as if Bonny eats a lot, in fact much lesser than the people around me.
But the effect of me having 1 KFC meal is like others having KFC for 10 consecutive days like that.
1 glass of water will also cause me to put on 0.1kg. Can you believe it???
So 惨 right?

Guess i have to intensifise my exercising routine, on top of my aqua aerobics class weekly.
Ok i shall do that.

Diet + Exercise + Prayer... should be enough right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aiyo my dear friend...nothing is more important than your own health. Must take care ok?