Saturday, April 07, 2007

TTSH & CK Tang

I'm back.
Kinda happy with the long weekend.
I wasn't really in the anticipating mood before the short hols as i didn't even realise it.
Anyway, my "long weekend" became longer than most people.
On Thursday, i took leave for a medical appointment at TTSH.
Yeah not the usual one at KKH.
I am pretty familiar with TTSH as i had a couple of past "relationships" with them.
I was admitted into A&E twice and i ended having to follow up at their cardiac (for my heart) and oethopedic (for my lower back) department sequentially.
The pumpkin cakes sold in the food court was the only thing i favoured.
Yeah usually food has a higher tendency to make me remember things. Heh.
There was once when i had strong craving for the pumpkin cakes and i was so happy that my follow-up was coming.
Not realising that my follow-up then was at KKH and not TTSH.
I got the image of the food courts mixed up!

So dumb hor!

After like 5 years, i was referred back to cardiac clinic again.
For my hypertension this time.
Due to my microalbuminuria condition, i was advised to undergo a kidney ultrasound, as well as a thyroid test.
So Thursday's appointment was for those tests.

I went straight for my blood withdrawal upon arriving at the hospital.

I was told that i had to make payment first and hence i did as told.
Mind you...i waited for almost 20min just to pay money ok!
When it was my turn, i handed the form to the cashier and was told that it was wrong.
Not my fault hor! The doctor gave me the wrong one!
She then told me to go withdraw my blood first while she amend.
I proceeded to the room and waited (again).
The nurse assistant looked busy, carrying things around, and i had to alert her a couple of times that i had another test later.
Finally she decided to stop what she was doing and attended to me.
She used the smallest tube to collect my blood and i was thinking...fwah so little blood...enough meh?
Nonetheless, i left when she said was done.
While i was waiting (again) at the Diagnostic Imaging Centre for my ultrasound, i received a call.
Caller: Hello, are you Ms Chong, i'm the nurse who took your blood just now. Sorry ah...the blood i took was not enough. Are you still in the hospital? Can you come back for me to take more blood?
Win liao.
So i went up again and this time she used a medium-sized tube.
Guess what? It's the wrong one lor! She should be using the biggest one!
And you know what?? She only realised when that medium-sized one was filled.
The she...alamak...sala.
Thank God her colleague came into the room at the right time.
So with one hand available (the other hand was pressing onto the needle), she had to detach the tube from the needle in other to replace the bigger-sized one.
During the process, my blood was flowing all over my arm and onto the arm rest already lor.
Thought free is it??
Worse, she wasn't wearing gloves!!!
Win again.
When she removed the needle, it was already crooked. *roll eyes*
Thank God i'm strong.
Anyway, after the second blood withdrawal, i went back down to DI again and continue my wait.
By the time i was done with the ultrasound, it was already 5.10pm and that was 18hours of fasting.
I was uber moody. I was uber frustrated. I was uber blue.
If anyone should step on my toes there and then, i think i might smack him right away.
Never ever offend a (uber) hungry person!

I felt that TTSH could no longer manage the daily demand of the numerous patients.
Somehow it had a direct influence in their overall effectiveness.

Patients were kicking up big fusses, staff nurses got impatient and doctors were rude.
It seemed inevitable for disputes to occur everyday between the customers and staff.
As i observed, it was not so much about their professionalism, but they were just too busy.
I think we need another hospital in this precinct.

***

Finally redeemed my $200 credit with CK Tangs today!
Mummy was late and i ended up circling for at least 6 rounds at the household department before she arrived.
I must say the stuff are really nice and pretty at Tangs but hor...uber expensive man!
If it was not for the vouchers, i think i could only admire.
After circling more rounds for another 2 hours, we finally got a utensil set, a cutlery set and other kitchen stuff!
23 items for $204.50!
Not bad hor!
The only pity is not able to get a salad bowl.
I saw a plastic one which looks pretty and cute but the pink one was out of stock and i was persistant.
So let me know if you come across one k! =)
Heh.

When i was holding onto the voucher, ready to pay for my purchases, i suddenly had the "含辛茹苦赚回来的" feeling. Hahaha...
Think this is the first time i took part in a contest solely for the sake of the prizes.
Heh.

No comments: