Bonny was down with gastric flu yesterday so i stayed home.
To recuperate and to rest.
However i had to drag myself up from the afternoon nap to attend the evening class.
Somehow the thought of skipping the class swept past quick enough and i was convinced pretty much that the lecture was important.
Indeed it was, as the lecturer went all out by asking us to memorize some parts of the essay and daringly eliminated the parts which he deemed not as important for the exam.
He better be right, otherwise, he will be dead! =p
But i guess for part-time students like us, we can't doubt him much unless we are onz enough to study everything which is near impossible.
I guess it's just the passing mark we are keen on. Nobody's doing a PhD now man.
Who cares about learning from the basics when the paper is just a month away.
Lately, it seems like i'm always running out of time.
24 hours is just too short.
I have so much to do. So much to think.
I didn't wanna tag the stress label on me because i believe if i don't explicitly say that i'm stressed, i won't notice it at all.
I'm a believer of the self-fulfilling prophecy.
But work is really spilling over.
An officer from my department resigned 2 weeks ago and it ain't good news to Bonny who was already holding an unmanageable workload.
And next week, boss' secretary is going on leave and i have to cover her duties as well.
A 3-in-1 Bonny, how wonderful is that.
With the exams round the corner, it's just brilliant.
It didn't help when an unreasonable bitc....WOMAN, stepped on me early this morning.
She sent an uber impolite email, cc the whole world including my assistant director, accusing me for not replying her email which caused her process to be delayed and demanded an explanation from me.
Seriously i don't see the point of replying her email when she had already asked the same question 1000 times and i've answered 2000 times before.
Anyway she said she sent the email in January and i remembered i replied.
It's just a pity that i've emptied my sent box.
But you see, since it was so urgent, why would she wait for 3 months to send a reminder?
In any case, i replied her politely and professionally but at the same time, implicitly worded in a way that made her look stupid.
Ok i know i shouldn't have done that but i had to educate her in order to prevent such things from happening again.
It is ok if she doesn't understand the understaff situation here but i think i deserve a least respect from her to at least clarify what went wrong before the direct accusation.
Later i found out that she's only a temp Manager. Very well...
That's the reality of the public service - blame first then say.
I told myself not to be too affected by the incident but somehow, it unleashed my hidden emotions deep within.
I am tired.
For the first time, i'm sick of my job and to cope it with studies, it's just too much to bear.
I was wiping my tears while checking the figures on my excel sheet, prayed and at the same time trying to shun from my boss' sight.
I'm sure a good multi-tasker.
It's at this time that another manager from the same department (this department is well-known for their suey kuan) had to keep ringing to ask me the same type question again!
Wah lao!!!
I wasn't impatient in my tone at all. Just cold and firm and straight to the point.
How to be friendly like that?
After a few consecutive phonecalls, i continued with my tears, numbers and prayer.
What a nice start for the day right?
Come to think of it, such instances are not frequent, but common enough for me to handle.
I was usually cool about it and it shouldn't have such a great impact on me.
I guess i'm just tired.
Physically, mentally.
I am persevering.
Till the breakaway comes.
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
babe...
understand it is not easy to juggle so mant things at the same time. I am in prayer with you.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble on its own.. Matthew 6:34
hugz kerri
Post a Comment