Saturday, September 08, 2012

Hello Ber

The hectic August zoomed past without leaving a trace of reminiscence.
Three groups of visitors, Boracay, back-to-back events, endless reports, decks after decks of powerpoint slides.
The adrenalin pump was sensational. Honestly if it's not for the boost, I might have punctured before reaching the finish line.
Midway through the race, I recalled making a momentary remark "hey I like this feeling". I guess I like to see things move, move quickly, rather than futile planning and wait till the cows come home.

Having friends around me played a big part. They somehow balanced the equilibrium and made things lighter.
Playing host was darn fun, more so when I have a pad of my own.
And  the Philippines Tourism Department should be thankful that I made its capital seemed so attractive and liveable.
Not mentioning a good 9 months of scanning and filtering to derive the final set of worth-visiting places. Of course, I customized itineraries to match the target audience. That's my job.
However, I'm glad to add on Boracay to the list of must-visits because it was simply stunning.
For a non-beach enthusiast, I was completely won over by the water and the charm of the little island.
Bintan, Batam (omg!) and East Coast (I'm sorry)?? Serious??
Alright, perhaps I should keep my mind open since I haven't seen Bali and Phuket. Very open.

Made some new friends at work and unfortunately, still no Filipinos.
New friends are from the various attractions back home and they were in town last month to join me in my effort of promoting our country.
Such energetic and fun bunch of people and it reminded me of the orientation camp in junior college. You have the centre-of-attention group and the not-so-happening outliers whom, sadly, were too serious for the industry.
Having said that, I have always been the outliers during school days. Yeah, unbelievable I know. :p
Anyways, if the relationships can go beyond official businesses, that will be one of the greatest returns in my stint.

As we enter into the Ber months (how pinoys categorize the final quarter of the year with the months ending with 'ber'), I hope the festivity will make my life easier as I countdown to my 1st anniversary of independence.




No comments: